June 22, 2008

sweet sweet nothings

i've been gradually collecting strange bits of conversation since last fall, and at tati and arielle's suggestion i will start posting the things i find.

first up:
seen on a television at a rest stop in new jersey:
two news anchors named poppy harlow and don lemon reporting on "the flood of pump pain" which i guess refers to escalating gas prices.
i changed it to "Poppy Harlow and the Pain of Pump". maybe it's Disgorging Corpses' sister band?

5 comments:

Tati said...

I think "Pain of Pump" would be a great band name. Poppy Harlow should be the drummer. They never get enough recognition

Zaidee said...

oh totally. huzzah for drummers!

Anonymous said...

hey, I'd totally listen to Pain of Pump. and I also have notebooks full of weird stuff I have heard people say. should I post?

Zaidee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zaidee said...

yeah! the more weird sayings the merrier.