August 26, 2008

a home now, never before

I'm flying in 10 hours.

10 hours left in a place I've never considered my home, either by my own force or because I just didn't feel like someone here. For some reason, I've always wanted to remain, loyal isn't the word I want to use, but something similar would be suitable, to Michigan; somehow stray from being considered a San Diegan/La Jollan/Californian.

But with 10 hours left, I am leaving home, my true home. Where I grew up, actually, and developed my perceptions towards the world, was truly La Jolla. Granted, I never traveled through California, always saying I should/would, but never did. I probably will, after I live away from the place that really is my home.

10 hours, and my life will change forever.

I really wonder if I should take Paul's advice.
...or Richards.

probably not.

maybe Richards.

Richard's Advice - Say Yes, to as much as possible. And be nice to Fat Girls.
Paul's Advice - Do a lot of drugs. And only be nice to the nice Fat Girls.

It's so hard to know when they're joking.

3 comments:

Arielle said...

What kind of advice is that? I'm not fat! (Be nice to everyone would be better!)

Tati said...

actually, say "Yes, and.."
WORLD PEACE

Anonymous said...

I agree with Arielle. (well, and Tati, of course.) be nice to people, animals, plants, rocks, utensils, spirit beings, subatomic particles. you never know who might end up your best friend. besides, "fat" is just part of the language of oppression.

anyway, saying Yes is a great principle of improv theater! apply it well! have fun! be daring! I'll hold down California for you till I too escape and/or it crumbles into the sea...