March 7, 2008

Headaches and Rereads

A terrible thing has happened, that has ruptured my literary habits.
I am finding myself completely unable to reread books with quite the same vigor and bushy-tailed nostalgia that I once was able to.  Occasionally, the urge will strike, only to be quelled within the hour.

I'm not sure how to approach this, considering my now 11 year old copy of The Golden Compass didn't show up on time to nip this unfortunate affliction in the bud, as I have used the His Dark Materials trilogy countless times to swing back from a disinterest of books to my usual avid nose-in-the-odd-smelling-pages position, so alas, my situation seems irreversible.

Help?

Also, blogging with a headache that isn't getting noticeably better from a nice chunky excedrin pill is ill advised.

Woooo...

4 comments:

Arielle said...

Why don't you find something brand new to read?

And didn't you give us the copy of the Golden Compass?

Arielle said...

also, I'm assuming you put your post in a different typeface and it's not my browser freaking out?

Zachary said...

I've tried finding new things to read, but it just doesn't hold my interest too much. Yeah, I lent my copy a long while back, and it was returned, then promptly lent out again.

Different typeface because I had to look up how to spell excedrin properly, and copy-paste'd it with a few annoying font issues.

Tati said...

you just gotta go out and find something new, like for serious. You run the same loop. Go find a collection of short stories. That way you can skip through the ones that don't hold your attention and maybe find a new author that you like.

Bushy-tailed??