March 11, 2008

I was hoping...

That I would finally be able to post some of my old art but as my luck would have it my Vista partition decided that life was not worth living and summarily tossed it's bloated butt off into the abyss. Let me give you it's (supposedly) final acts:
Hey! Install these updates OK...
Reboot ... Blue screen 'system dump crash'
Reboot into normal mode Error window: 'Blue Screen Error, Minidump"
Reboot into safe mode... configuring updates
Reboot into normal mode...
Reboot Boot Loader Error, Bootloader cannot find operating system

Fantastic!

Reboot into Gutsy 7.10

And all I wanted to do was print out a PDF of a play so I could write my essay!
Excuse me for taking up your time, but these things I need to vent lest I end up breaking my laptop against my knee in sheer frustration!

5 comments:

Tati said...

DUDE THAT SUCKS.

I hope that didn't corrupt your boot-loader. Microsoft just needs to kill all of its defective progeny for the good of the populace.

Zachary said...

...didn't you just get the poor thing back?

Zaidee said...

:( ack!!
so what happens now??
oh compy...why'dja go an do it?

Arielle said...

yeah, I did just get it back. And for all intents and purposes it works fine! One part of it at least, my happy, modular Linux piece. My screen is nice and shiny at any rate!

Arielle said...

My GRUB (Grand Unified Boot) works fine, so long as Windows doesn't override it, which I almost had a heart attack this afternoon because it went in a loop three times. I think I'll keep the thing on and change my default (I changed it Windows when I sent it in) so hopefully whatever remnant of Windows protocol stops running and jacking up my loader.

Fun fun! One of these days I'll know enough about computers so I can actually fix things rather than screwing them up.